Alberta is a diverse and large province that boasts a wealth of different rural communities, each with its own unique character and distinct opportunities. Each and every one of Alberta’s rural communities is a different experience just waiting to happen.
Not only do students benefit from being placed in a rural community, but Alberta’s rural communities can find value as well. By welcoming these student placements, communities can expect to:
- Have access to students whose skill and education brings value to the organization or the entire community
- Students have a different perspective than those already living in the community and can therefore bring in new ideas, skills, and knowledge. Students challenge their host communities to think outside the rural box
- Students bring youth, energy, and enthusiasm to communities
- Students who are placed in a rural community may become immersed in the community and may decide to stay or come back after graduation
- Coordinated placements could lead to a multi-disciplinary community project
Search through our database of rural Alberta communities or research the community of your placement.
Click here to view communities on an interactive map.
Median Age: 37
Distance From You: 5,879 kms
Placements: 0 available