Rural Alberta is Overflowing with Opportunities...
Whether you’re a student, director, or rural community in Alberta, the Community Engaged Rural Learning Initiative (CERLI) website can help you learn about and share the value of living and working in Alberta’s rural communities. Here, you can connect with post-secondary students, placement coordinators and directors, and host rural communities while discovering more about the opportunities for rural student placements.
For many students from Alberta’s large urban centres, completing a placement in one of the province’s smaller rural communities may seem like quite a large change. CERLI helps by creating an online community of other students who have also been relocated to rural areas, rural communities that have hosted student placements, and post-secondary program directors who can be a source of answers and advice.
- Search for placements, employment opportunities, and accommodations
- Learn about the communities where placements are available; what’s there to do?
- Share stories and give advice on how to make a rural placement the experience of a lifetime and the foundation for a career
- Promote themselves and their community
- Benefit by filling employment needs with students
- Offer services geared towards post-secondary students
- Attract and retain youth
- Share information and connect with other directors
- Maintain an open line of communication with students and communities
- Stay involved in their students’ experience
- Tap the resources that come from shared knowledge
- Bring together all the pieces that make rural placements a success
You cannot enter letters into this function